Prayer

Prayer
A beautiful image of the power of surrender, by Ron Hamad

Sunday, September 7, 2008

SHINING CITY and AMADEUS

I had a lovely weekend and saw TWO fantastic productions here in Cincinnati. I encourage you to get tix now to see each of these plays.

SHINING CITY is at the New Stage Collective in OTR where a tiny staff and artistic director Alan Patrick Kenny have been knocking them out of the ball park for two incredible, award-winning seasons.  This beautiful play about two men, each haunted by different things, is surprisingly moving; which should be no surprise I suppose as it is written by Conor McPherson, the fantastic Irish playwright. 

AMADEUS opened at the Cincinnati Shakespeare Company to sell-out crowds on Friday and Saturday night and for good reason. Chris Guthrie (Mozart) and Bruce Cromer (Salieri) tear it up in this intense story about obsession, madness and genius - all my favorite subjects right there. I assure you that this production will only get better and harder to get tickets for so hurry it up and buy your tickets now.


And I want to express my sincere gratitude to the theatre community here in Greater Cincinnati for doing such extraordinary work, year after year and show after show. I have spent the last two years doing much of my homework about how to make a play right here in Cincinnati. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!